Gift wrap, banners, star boxes … look at all the things you can make with the Many Merry Stars Kit!
I have three videos about the Many Merry Stars Kit and, for a change of pace, we are going to start with the last one first!!!
Fun Alternative Uses for the Many Merry Stars Kit!
To see how I made the square gift boxes, keep reading until the end!
Decorating the Star Boxes!
How to Assemble the Star Boxes in the Many Merry Stars Kit!
I will say I had some trouble keeping some of the boxes stuck together. On a couple of them I ended up using sticky strip. Other than that, the star boxes were easy to put together!
You get enough supplies to make 25 boxes of different sizes. That means, if you decide to use them as package ties, you would get 50 of them!!!!
Imagine this….it is December 3 and you are sitting in your favorite chair reading. Your Christmas tree is lit up and it looks so pretty with all of these beautiful packages under it. (because, of course, all of your shopping is finished and now you have time to read!)
Now I will show you how easy it is to make your own gift boxes. For these, I used all squares (5″, 6″, 8″, 10″ and 12″) but you could just as easily use rectangles. Just measure what you need to wrap and add enough on every side to make the box sides.
1. Start with 2 pieces of card stock cut the same size.
2. Score all four sides at the same number. (I used 1 1/2″ all the way around)
3. Cut into the score line on two opposite sides. Trim the edges at a slant so the box folds more easily.
4. Fold up sides and attach.
5. For the box cover, add two or three strips of card stock together to put along the scoring edge. (I have a metal ruler that I love to use for this, but – imagine that – I couldn’t find it right now!) The whole idea is to make the cover just a tiny bit bigger than the box bottom so that the box closes perfectly.
I hope you enjoyed these fun ideas with the Many Merry Stars Kit!