At my booth at the Rubber Stamp Event, I had several different card holder projects. I had many requests on how to make this particular Stampin' Up! Magazine File Card Holder Project, so today I am posting directions and a video tutorial.
My hostess gift for Stampin' Up! parties is always a stack of hand stamped cards packaged up nicely. Its also the gift I give to everyone who attends my Card Extravaganza Day events, so I am always collecting ideas for fun and different ways to make card containers. I have quite a variety of samples and, of course, each idea can be totally made your own. Have fun with this idea! I used Island Indigo card stock, World Spectacular Designer Series Paper, and the Mixed Medley stamp set.
Here are written instructions with all of the measurements:
1. Trim 1" from one side of a 12 x 12" sheet of card stock, leaving you with an 11" x 12" piece.
2. With the 11" side across the top of the Simply Scored, score at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2"
3. Turn paper so the 12" side is across the top and score at 6", and 10 1/2". Cut as shown in the video and in the picture
4. On the two cut pieces, score at 2 1/4" from each end.
5. Fold up to form the card holder.
The video shows how to mark the card stock for cutting the angled sides and where to put the sticky strip.
When the box is completed, make the band with a piece of 1 3/4" x 11" card stock and a piece of 1 1/2" x 11" designer series paper. Score at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" and attach to the box.
Decorate as desired. I used the Host Set Mixed Medley from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. I hope you will enjoy making this Stampin' Up! Magazine File Card Holder soon! Be sure you have signed up on my opt in list on the right to receive more exclusive project ideas!
Shop Online | Current Host Code: 9ZEU6E47