If you have had enough of Halloween craft ideas centered around candy and want something different, this is a cute Stampin' Up! Halloween project with no candy involved!
Aren't these adorable? The Googly Ghouls on top of these pencils can be used as cupcake toppers, or as the picture below shows, a bunch of them can be put in a cake! And, of course, the pencils can actually be used!
There is a stamping video tutorial below to show the entire process.
How to make this project:
1. Take a strip of 1 1/4" x 12" of paper from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper. Line that up along the edge of the Designer Rosettes Bigz Die and put it through the Big Shot.
2. Fold along all the score lines and attach the two ends with sticky tape or glue dots to hold it securely.
3. Press in the straight sides of the rosette to get the finished shape. Use part of one of the Jumbo Sticky Rounds for securing it.
4. Stamp the Googly Ghouls images on Very Vanilla Card Stock and punch out with the 1" Circle Punch. Layer that on a 1 1/4" Tango Tangerine or Basic Black circle. Attach to the front of the rosette. Don't these characters look cute with just their faces showing? Of course, you will want to add those googly eyes as well!
5. On the back, attach a circle made with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch to give more support to the rosette. Attach it to the pencil with a piece of card stock punched out with the Word Window Punch. Just put a glue dot on each end of it and you will have a perfect pencil holder. This makes the back of the pencils look finished as well.
You can see all of this in detail on this video:
Now, how easy was that? This idea would also be great for birthday parties! Or baby shower favors! Or for an office co-worker. Surprise her with a cupcake and a pencil topper celebrating her birthday, a promotion, or just that its Friday! Its so much fun to surprise people with little gifts like this.
Halloween is coming soon, so be sure you have everything you need for your Halloween projects. Order now if you realize there are a few things missing for your plans! And consider making this cute Stampin' Up! Halloween project with no candy involved!
Shop Online | Current Host Code: JWNY2SCT