Are you a big paper collector like I am???
Since the SU! Designer Series Papers are on sale this month – buy 3 and get 1 FREE! – I wanted to show how I love making cards with the DSP as the focal point.
(Come back tomorrow and see 8 cards made highlighting the 8 papers on sale!)
On this card I used the Flowerpot Designer Series Paper.
I only used one stamp and that was for the word “sweet” from the .
As you can see, I made the same card twice … one on a Whisper White base and one on a Tangerine Tango base, each with a different cut out flower.
Which do you prefer?
How To Make This Sweet Card
1. Cut the Flowerpot DSP 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″. Attach to card base of Whisper White or Tangerine Tango.
2. Add the Tea Lace Paper Doily.
3. Use the 1 3/4″ Circle Punch on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch on a piece of Lost Lagoon.
4. Add the word “sweet!” from the High Five stamp set, layer the two circles, and add them to the card.
5. Cut out your choice of flowers from the Flowerpot DSP and add that with dimensionals.
6. Add a bow made with the Lost Lagoon 3/8″ Stitched Satin Ribbon and attach with a glue dot.
Look again at what a difference it makes to just change the base color of the card! Since I have been experimenting with that idea, I would really like to know….
Which do you prefer? white or tangerine?
Shop Online | Current Host Code: FQ24ATM7
Cathy A. says
Tangerine, although they are both very pretty cards!
Lucy Blossom says
The tangerine for me too I think, I love the backing paper though, very pretty.
Another great bunch of cards love your work
Lovely cards, and so nice to see a tutorial too. The white was my fav
It’s a close race but I think my favorite is the white. Both are lovely. I really like how you used the doily. Thank you for linking at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you again next week.
Michelle from Weekend Craft says
Thanks for linking up at the Creative Spark Link Party! I hope you will stop by again today to link up! http://bit.ly/1kbGQ7W
Your cards are absolutely marvelous – this one is perfectly sweet! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Thank you so much, Kathy!
Thanks for you vote, Cynthia!
Thanks for your vote, Trace!
Thanks for your vote, Lucy!
Hi Cynthia, Thanks for both voting and commenting!
Kristy gd says
I like the white one better! But the tango one is nice too. The doily addition is pretty sweet too. Great card!
Thanks for linking up with the Creative Spark a few weeks ago! Sorry it took me so long to get to commenting. *shamed face*
Thanks so much for your vote, Kristy! Its never too late to comment – I’m good at doing that!