If you enjoy paper crafting, making the actual packaging for your gifts adds to the finished look. These hand made gift boxes can be made in any size and are perfect for jewelry or other small items.
Here is a step by step video:
Creative Paper Crafted Gift Boxes:
1. Measure the gift item to determine the size of the box base. It can be square or any rectangular shape.
2. Add 2 inches to both the length and width of the box. This will give you a box this is 1/2 inch deep. To make it 1 inch deep, add 4 inches to both dimensions.
3. Cut card stock and with Simply Scored, score each of the four sides at 1/2 inch and 1 inch.
4. Fold on score lines. Cut corners so that just one flap is left each time. You can see this step on the video.
5. Add sticky strip to the ends of each side. At this point, the box can be left flat and put together when needed, so if you want to have boxes on hand ready to assemble, this is an easy way to store them flat.
Fold card stock around the box, scoring to fit the dimensions of the bottom. Attach with one length of sticky strip along one edge of the cover. The box bottom will slide out.
In the pictures above, just the top of the cover was decorated with SU! designer series paper. On the video you will see another finished box with the designer series paper wrapped around the entire cover. Both look great and will give you ideas for other options of decoration as well. Its all about that finishing touch!
On these boxes I used the Everyday Enchantment designer series papers with the in colors card stock. Different designer series papers will give you totally different looks, so have fun experimenting. Square shapes and a variety of rectangular shapes would be pretty stacked up together – and how about a series of three boxes, stacked by size, tied up together in one ribbon to make a fun three-part gift?
Shop Online | Current Host Code: S9GFWKWE