I served lunch and dinner last Friday at Karen’s stamping event. This was the lunch bunch! Women brought their Stampin’ Up! card kits over and worked on them.
I served Crockpot Chicken Cashew over Rice and Snickerdoodle Bars for desert. Both recipes are below.
Crockpot Cashew Chicken
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
4 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
cashews to put on top
Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
2 1/3 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c butter softened
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 T sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c powdered sugar
1-2 T milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in small bowl.
3. In large bowl, beat butter on high until creamy. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla until well mixed. On low, beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
4. Spoon half the batter into pan, spread evenly.
5. In small blow, mix cinnamon filling ingredients and sprinkle evenly over batter
6. Drop remaining batter evenly over that in small amounts.
7. Bake 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool 1 hour.
8. Stir glaze in small bowl and drizzle over bars. Makes 24 bars.
(recipe from Betty Crocker)
Shop Online | Current Host Code: 9DC4Z7ZY