Ten card ideas today using just the leaf stamp from the Gather Together stamp set + Gathered Leaves Dies!!! How many ways can we add color? (Use the comment to vote for your favorite by Sept 21!!!)
- Just stamp it – this card uses Early Espresso with the Come to Gather Designer Series Paper. (plus a little twine from Nature’s Twine)
2. Add color with a blending pen! This card uses Blackberry Bliss ink and more twine from Nature’s Twine. (Notice that both of these cards use the Stitched Rectangles Dies)
3. How about stamping with the Delicata Metallic Ink? The photo doesn’t show it very well, but it makes a soft, pretty look. Of course, you could emboss it to make it really stand out.
4. After stamping in black, you can use sponge dauber to make a multi-colored leaf. Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry, and Calypso Coral were used on this card.
5. Randomly stamping the leaf in different colors created this next card.
6. Make a watercolored card by changing the paper to the Watercolor Paper. Ink the stamp, then spritz with water before stamping. Hold the stamp on the paper for a few second to let the ink absorb into the paper.
7. Another way to watercolor is to stamp all of the leaves first on the watercolor paper, then spritz water over the images. Vary the look by using different amounts of water.
8. Paper piecing is another quick way of adding color to your leaf. Stamp first – or just use the dies alone like this: (using the See A Silhouette Designer Series Paper)
9. How about just using plain card stock and turning into a dried up leaf. This reminds me of walking through crunchy autumn leaves! Spritz the leaf with water, then crumple it into a little ball. Unfold carefully and let it dry.
10. And last – create a watercolor look using ink refills and baby wipes.
Wondering how any of these are done? You can watch them all being made in the facebook replay below – jump to 4:39 to just catch that part.
So – these are just a few ways to add color to your autumn leaf cards. Vote on your favorite coloring technique by leaving a comment here – and someone is going to get a little gift on Sept 21!
Ten Ways to Color an Autumn Leaf Stamp
Shop Online | Current Host Code: G6QJVZDS