Here is a fun idea for those non stampers in your life, or those scrapbookers who love pretty papers, but don't stamp. Although I'm an avid stamper, I also love the look of these cards for something different! All you need is basic whisper white or very vanilla card stock and some designer series paper.
These samples use Stampin' Up!'s Domestic Goddess paper, one of my favorites! The images and the colors both speak "retro". (The colors are Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Basic Gray.)
The clothesline and clothes are printed right on the paper. I just cut along the lines and layered in on another paper in the set.
I cut these images out from one of the papers in the Domestic Goddess set and put them on the paper. There are plenty of other images as well, including a chair, lamp, pillow, and clothespins.
Want some fun ideas of when to use these?
1. A wedding shower when you are giving a practical household gift.
2. For someone who is moving to a new home.
3. For people my age who remember this look the last time around.
4. Young people who are keeping this look alive. (My son and his wife have an apartment that looks like its from the 50s!)
5. Give several blank cards as gift to any of the people listed above!
6. And my personal favorite: include a gift card for a housecleaning service, whether that service is you or a company you hire!!!! Wouldn't that make you a memorable gift giver?
#122355 Domestic Goddess designer series paper p.184 $10.95
Whisper White card stock
#121327w Now You're Cookin' and #122575w or #122577c House & Home stamp sets on p. 53 of the catalog coordinate with the Domestic Goddess paper so if you want to add some stamping, here you go!
I challenge you to have fun coming up with your own ideas using SU! designer series papers. If you like this post, please share it!
Shop Online | Current Host Code: V9Q4EX6E